Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. Matthew 14:29 NAS
Playing life’s game to the fullest requires taking risks. Without risk, life has little emotion, little that can be counted exhilarating or fulfilling.
- To cry risk appearing sentimental.
- To laugh risk appearing the fool.
- To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
- To expose feelings is to risk exposing one’s true self.
- To love is to risk not being loved in return.
- To hope is to risk despair.
- To try is to risk failure.
- To place ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk ridicule.
Yet the person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, and ultimately becomes nothing. I refuse to stay in the boat. For me its time to leave the shore and go out into Deep waters. There is a great catch out there waiting .
“Unless a person has the courage to lose sight of the shore, they will never discover new oceans.”